Sunday, September 1, 2013

Halfway!

20 weeks along!

20 weeks, we're halfway there! This week we had our gender ultrasound, so now my Mom and Mike's mom know whether we are having a little boy or little girl! And it is absolutely KILLING us to not know... Only 6 more days, but seriously, it's painful to walk into our sweet little nursery and know Oma & Opa and Grandma know, but not us. Ugh, WHY did we do this to ourselves?! Oh well, the suspense will make it that much more fun and exciting when we do get to find out :)

I did manage to gain a pound this week, finally, right before losing it again. Granted, I'm certainly not going to complain about not gaining weight- I'm perfectly fine with expanding and staying right where I am as long as baby's ok (which he/she is- measuring a big ole 10oz on the ultrasound day! right on schedule). Though I definitely am WAY bigger. Maternity jeans are seriously my new best friend. I went to town sewing some stretch fabric into the sides of my uniform scrubs for when my tummy refuses to cooperate any longer, but for now I'm doing ok *fingers crossed.* I figured spending the $6 for nice stretch fabric versus paying $23 per top for new scrub tops I'm going to only wear one more semester was dopey. Once again, my sewing machine saved the day!


At the ultrasound this week we saw Baby was lying transverse- as he/she was at 12 weeks. And Baby has also made it blatantly obvious that he/she has no intent on moving anytime soon. The sonographer basically had me do a mixture of the macarena mixed with the hokey-pokey to try to get this little one to flip for the camera, but alas, this Baby is determined to remain a side sleeper for the time being. Transverse position is not a problem, and actually is very common, prior to 30 weeks. Chances are baby will be bouncing around in there until then; however at 30 weeks, if baby remains transverse, chances are I'm going to have to get down with the macarena/hokey-pokey again. Or mostly just some specialized yoga.

This week we put up the window drapes in the nursery and Mike put the crib together (it's so cute!) just because we couldn't wait any longer. I mean, it was just sitting in there taunting us... we couldn't help it! And 

This week I found a little questionnaire in my mommy-to-be inbox that I figured would be fun to record some of the stuff that we're feeling right now.

What I really miss: Strongbow. Honestly, now that fall is coming hard cider is ALL I can think about. And everyone is drinking it whenever we go out. Ugh. Looks like it's going to be lots of sparkling cider this fall for this girl!

What I don't miss: Well, in short, trying to not get pregnant. 

What I really enjoy: Having two men follow me around Petco with our dog food bags since I can't carry them :) it's fun to experience chivalry from strangers in an era during which it has pretty much become non-existent.

What I really don't enjoy: The fear of waking up one day with pool noodles for ankles. So far so good.

What I'm most excited for: Our gender reveal party this weekend! We're going to find out if baby's going to be a boy or a girl!

What I'm not excited for:  Bundling up... I wonder if there will be any job postings for a Michelin Man impersonator...

Food I'm craving these days: Water. Is that a craving? I feel like  I could drink a gallon and still feel dehydrated.

Food  I can't handle these days: Nothing, I eat anything. I'm the most boring pregnant girl ever.

Any problems: Headaches. Bad, baaaad headaches. My only complaint (other than losing half my wardrobe).

Something that has surprised me: How nice it is to always feel like I have a little comrade tagging along wherever I go. That, and how freaking strong this little one's legs are. My poor left side :(

Something that has exceeded my expectations: My amazing husband. Mike is without a doubt going to be the most wonderful Daddy ever :) and he never ceases to totally spoil me rotten and shower me with hugs and kisses and foot rubs and flowers and chips and milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment