Friday, July 11, 2014

6 months :)

My baby is 6 months old. I can't fathom it. It does go by too fast. Far too fast. So fast that at times it takes my breathe away.

Jack is still sleeping through the night like a champ (praise the Lord) for a good 12-15 hours every night. He eats like a horse... No, more than a horse. This boy downs 6-8 ounces in a sitting (yes, I'm talking anywhere from 32-48 ounces a day), plus two bowls of food in the morning and afternoon. And he's still in the 15th percentile for weight. Right... I think we all agree he sure as heck didn't get his metabolism from me.

But on a good note, he's already pulling up, sitting up on his own, attempting to crawl, talking incessantly, has said "Mama" numerous times (though I'm pretty sure everything is "Mama" or "Baba" right now), and is quickly mastering the fine motor skills like turning objects around carefully from one hand to te next, turning the pages of his books, and pulling on Daddy's nostrils. He's amazing. His pediatrician is impressed with his alertness and is convinced Jack is the next Albert Einstein. He's got the looks, the charm, the smiles, and a ridiculous obsession with Mama snuggles and Daddy giggles. And the best part: he's ours. Thank you God for such a perfect little bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment